Donncha posted that the new version of WordPress MU, 2.6, is out:
Some of the new features in this release of MU:
- Version number is 2.6 rather than 1.6 because it just makes sense to synchronise the major version numbers.
- Signup page now has a nonce which should help in the fight against spammers, for a short while anyway.
- Redirecting to the signup page for 404s and for unknown blogs is not enabled by default. Check out wp-config-sample.php for instructions.
- “allowed_themes” filter, much like the plugins filtered added previously.
- New functions: get_id_from_blogname(), is_main_blog().
- get_blog_details() can now take a blogname as well as a blog_id.
- Custom first posts didn’t always work. Now they do.
- Blognames in the “Add blog” form in wpmu-blogs.php are now sanitized.
- Added “pre_site_option_*” and “site_option_*” filters like the similar option filters.
- Meta fields will be passed on signup again.
- Added an “admin_header_navigation” filter so the top right navigation in the backend can be customised.
- The signup page uses “blogname” instead of “blog_id” to avoid confusion with the global variable of the same name. Plugins will break if not updated!